Saturday, February 18, 2012

Q&A: Windows 7 vs Windows XP Home On Netbooks

Q&A: Windows 7 vs Windows XP Home On Netbooks Tube. Duration : 5.43 Mins.


In this video, I answer a question from phillymaniac14 who wants to know my thoughts on Windows XP performance versus Windows 7 performance on my netbooks. I own an HP Mini 1000 while my wife owns a HP Mini Vivienne Tam edition. Both of these are equipped with 2GB of RAM, but my wife still has Windows XP Home and I have Windows 7 Beta. My tests are hardly scientific but I've found that the extra memory definitely helps Windows 7 performance with full screen flash videos. As it stands, Windows 7 and Windows XP full screen flash video performance seem to be identical. With lessar RAM, Windows XP performed better. There are many factors to consider when comparing OS's especially with a beta OS such as Windows 7. There's also Flash software, browser versions and compatibility issues that may need to be adjusted on Windows 7. A very early test, but it was interesting to note. I hope this answers your question phillymaniac14. If you have any other questions you'd like me to attempt to entertain, email me at help@bwana.tv

Keywords: q&a, windows, beta, xp, netbook, hp, mini, 1000, ultimate, flash, hulu, video, performance, comparison, bwana

No comments:

Post a Comment